Monday, January 12, 2009

A Trip to the Vet


Shelby and I spent the morning at the vet with our black lab, Snitch.


This is the second time this winter that he's developed a cough. After a week of coughing, I decided it was time to take him in. I was hoping for a simple visit, but that was not to be the case....

The vet has determined that Snitch has an enlarged heart and very irregular heartbeat, as well as a bronchial infection. He was put on some steroids and we are hopeful that this will clear the infection and that the heart condition will not cause him too much distress. He's a happy dog and shows no signs of illness, so he's a tough boy! The vet would like us to monitor his heart rate, so today we learned how to take a dog's pulse. That should be lots of fun for the kids to do! I can see we'll be learning some anatomy and math for this canine heart monitoring.

I think the vet's office charges more than a M.D. What an expensive visit today....$275! Let's hope he stays well for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to Snitch - and to you for paying the bill! LOL
    You have a fantastic blog, Kim! I adore it.
    ♥,
    Elna
    (Jordann's pen-pal)

    ReplyDelete